Public Servant Questionnaire
This questionnaire must be filled-out by any public servant before he can ask the
citizen any question. Federal law, including the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, 88
Stat. 1896, et seq., 1974, authorizes this.
- Public servant's full legal name:
- Public servant's residence address:
- Name of agency:
- Full legal name of supervisor and office address:
- Will you as a public servant uphold the constitution of the United States?
- Did public servant provide proof of identity?
- ID number: __________________
Badge Number: ________________
Bonding agency and number: _______________
- Will you as a public servant furnish a copy of the law or regulation that authorizes
the action being taken or information requested in this case?
- Will you as a public servant provide in writing, that portion of the law authorizing
the questions asked?
- Are answers voluntary or mandatory?
- Are the questions being asked based upon a specific law or regulation, or are they
a discovery process?
Law/Regulation Discovery Process
- If based on a specific law or regulation, please state:___________________________________________
- What other uses may be made of this information?
- What other agencies may have access to this information?
- What will be the effect upon me if I should not choose to answer any or all of these
- Name of person in government requesting this information:
- Is this investigation general or special?
Note: by ‘general,’ it means any kind of blanket investigations in which a number
of persons are involved because of geography, type of business income, etc. By ‘special,’
it means any investigation of an individual nature in which others are not involved.
- Have you consulted, questioned, interviewed, or received information from any third
party relating to this matter?
If yes, give identity of all such third parties: (Use back of sheet if more area
- Do you reasonably anticipate either a civil or criminal action to be initiated or
pursued based upon any of the information, which you seek?
- Is there a file of records, information, or correspondence relating to me being
maintained by this agency?
- Is this agency using any information on me, which was supplied by another agency
or government source?
- Will the public servant guarantee that no department [other than the one by which
he is employed] will use the information in these files?
I hereby sign and affirm under the penalty of perjury that the answers are true
and correct in every particular.
Signature of Public Servant
: If any person or agency receives any request for information relating
to me, you must advise me in writing before releasing such information. Failure
to do so may subject you to possible civil or criminal action as provided by this
act or other law(s).