FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT AND PRIVACY ACT APPEAL
515 Concord Ave
Anderson, SC 29622
June 23, 2007
David M. Hardy, Section Chief
Records/ Information Dissemination
Federal Bureau of Investigation
935 Pennsylvania Ave
NW Washington , DC 20535-0001
Request No: 1082263-000: Subject: Patriot Network
- This is an appeal made pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act, 5 USC 552, and the Privacy Act 5 USC 552a, for disclosure of certain documents contained in the systems of your agency.
- A copy of the response dated July 10, 2007 from your agency is attached to this letter. This is the subject of this appeal. The request number is listed above.
- The statements that are checked below describe the facts of your agency's refusal to disclose the requested information and the determination which I hereby appeal.
- X The agency responded with a nonsensical pretext for its failure to comply with my request and listed several ridiculous excuses which are clearly harassments or "stonewalling."
- ___ I have received no response of any sort from your agency as of the date of this appeal, whereas the statute requires that the requested documents be disclosed in ten days under FOIA or thirty days under PA.
- X A copy of the agency's response that I have received is attached to this letter, and the response contains an unjustified refusal to disclose some or all of the requested documents.
- X The denial was improper and the claimed exemptions were improper, illegal, unreasonable, and unfair.
- X I requested that an indexing, itemization, and detailed justification be provided about any documents withheld from disclosure, but none was supplied.
- X I requested that an accounting of other disclosures of the requested documents be made, and none was provided.
- X I requested in my letter that certain documents or parts thereof be expunged from my records pursuant to the Privacy Act, že, but the agency refused to comply.
- ___ I was charged an excessive amount on printed material, i.e. published documents which did not need to be photocopied. charged only the smaller, printed-material cost. Also, I was for copies of envelopes, blank pages, etc.
- X Many of the actual documents and types of documents have been disclosed to others but denied to me!
- ___ I requested that the cost of searching, printing and copying the requested documents be waived, which was denied. I herein appeal for excessive and unreasonable cost that has been charged for the documents disclosed and I request the charges be reduced or eliminated. The reason's) for my request for the waiver of fees included: (1) my request was in a public interest; (2) I am a person of limited funds; or (3) I am a person entitled to the federal benefits.
- X Other reasons: The FBI used a fake exemption for not producing the documents that I requested. The law enforcement expectation can only be used for lawful, legal law enforcement investigations/purposes. The courts have already ruled that the COINTELPRO type activities are illegal. The FBI has no authority to harass and dismantle political organizations.
The FBI Dismantlement program against the Patriot Network is illegal and unauthorized. Therefore, the law enforcement from the FOIA does not apply and was wrongfully asserted.
- The disclosure of the requested information is in the public interest, and your institution's refusal to comply with my request is a violation of law. A prompt hearing and resolution of this Appeal is therefore requested for the public's interest and my own.